Joss Whedon Talks about Wonder Woman

[MTV.com] Recently, Buffy, Dollhouse and Firefly creator, Joss Whedon gave an interview to New York Magazine and the topic of his canceled Wonder Woman movie came up. 


Former Wonder Woman director, Joss Whedon


Whedon said of his Wonder Woman:

“She sort of traveled the world. She was very powerful and very naive about people, and the fact that she was a goddess was how I eventually found my in to her humanity and vulnerability.”
This is in-line with his Lara Croft version of Wonder Woman, which is how he described his version of her in the past. And, in an earlier interview with Maxim this past summer, we got a glimpse of costume ideas for his Wonder Woman.   Wonder Woman sported long black pants, a patriotic short skirt and a long black over coat, which is very reminiscent of Lara Croft.


But what he says next of Wonder Woman, reminds me of her character interpretation in the 2009 animated movie.

"She would look at us and the way we kill each other and the way we let people starve and the way the world is run and she'd just be like, None of this makes sense to me. I can’t cope with it, I can’t understand, people are insane,” he described.
When I first heard that Whedon was  tasked with writing a script for a Wonder Woman, I was very hopeful and excited about the project. I grew up watching Buffy, Firefly is awesome but the most important thing to take away from his shows, is that this guy knows how to write strong female characters (unlike David E. Kelley, who likes to dumb them down).

I still hope seeing Wonder Woman again, either on the small screen or the big screen.  But Whedon's interpretation of her, sounds like the movie would have been very good.  (I just hope, he actually would not have casted Angelina Jolie for the part.)